Innovate Physical Therapy has the longest standing aquatic therapy program in the Bellevue/Sarpy County area. The advanced SwimEx pool offers individualized therapy in warm water utilizing jets to create a current in the water. The pool complex includes locker rooms for preparing for the pool session, a hydraulic lift if needed for entering/exiting the pool, and a private attached treatment room for land-based therapy needs.
Innovate Physical Therapy’s Aquatic Program includes the following specialized programs and aquatic therapy exercises:
- BackHab – Aquatic program for generalized low back pain, including manual lumbar/cervical traction and manual stretching
- Fibromyaglia Program – Utilizes Ai Chi postures, relaxation techniques and stretching
- Arthritis Program – Focuses on range of motion and strengthening exercises
- Gait Training – For neuromuscular re-education
- Balance/Fall Risk Reduction – Utilizes Ai-Chi postures
Aquatic Therapy, when utilized in conjunction with land-based physical and occupational therapy to provide superior results leading to an independent wellness program. Each client receives an individualized home program to utilize in a community pool of their choice after aquatic therapy sessions have ended.
Innovate’s therapists are experienced and passionate about aquatic therapy. One of our physical therapist assistants, Loretta Zechmann, is currently certified in aquatic therapeutic exercise by the Aquatic Therapy and Rehab Institute. All therapists are continually updating their skills for use in the aquatic environment.
To learn more about aquatic therapy, click here.
Our team is dedicated to helping you recover. Visit us today, meet the team and learn about our specialized therapies. Call (402) 682-4210 or contact us online.
Aquatic therapy is only available at our Bellevue clinic.